Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Putting My Dream To Test

Recently, we have a Master Mind Circle (MMC) in our office where we got to share the books that we read and have discussion on the learning points from the book.

So we've started with the book titled Put Your Dream To Test by John C.Maxwell, a well known author. It start off by saying that all people have dream. But most people do not know how to achieve their dreams.

It is very interesting the way how John define the meaning of dream, which I personally got inspired: 

A dream is an inspiring picture of the future that energizes your mind, will, and emotions, empowering you to do everything you can to achieve it. A genuine dream is a picture and blueprint of
a person’s PURPOSE and POTENTIAL.

Four Common Reasons Why People Have Trouble Identifying Their Dream
1. Some People Have Been Discouraged From Dreaming BY OTHERS.
2. Some People Are Hindered By Past DISAPPOINTMENT and HURTS. Disappointment is the gap between EXPECTATION and REALITY.
3. Some People Get in the Habit of Settling for AVERAGE. 
4. Some People Lack the CONFIDENCE Needed to Pursue Their Dreams.

We all have 'The ONE Forgotten Dream'. And for me, it was to be a skilled and creative Tailor. I still think about it from time to time but I have never really do anything about it.



Revisiting this book given by my mentor Willie when I just started my first job at BET. Everyone have a BIG dream that seems to be forgotten. But it doesn't have to be that way. Successful people dream. And they achieve it. Dream is an inspiring picture of the future that energise your mind, will, and emotions, empowering you to do everything you can to achieve it. Dream can be put to test and pass. 

And I am in the journey to finding back my dream, and to put test on it. :)

No comments: