Saturday, July 29, 2017

WORD OF WISDOM FOR 2018

Hi,

It has been so long I haven't write anything here.
I have to say that 2016 had been such an amazing year for me. Despite all the ups and the down, everything now seems like it was a great year! So I thank God for that.

The highlight of my 2016 are: 
Bible Study Group - Romans, John, Acts
Engagement with my childhood sweetheart - Mr Hillary S. (Now is my dear Husband =) )
Recwel President - The highlight is the Scavanger Hunt series and the Annual Dinner.

Many more. And I really felt that it was my ACTION year. Lots of happening here and there.

So this year is my BOLD year. My highlight so far..
Bali Trip with Karas for 6D5N - Almost like my trip before changing my status
Promoted to be Senior Tour Consultant - After 3 years working in BET.
Celebration of love - Married with my childhood sweetheart, Mr Husband!!

Coming back after 2 weeks holiday with a change status, wow. I feel like I am a new person. Not sure why I felt that but I began to think that there is nothing that I couldn't go through and every situation no matter how hard it seem, things will change because there is nothing fixed or permanent in this world.  And I want to thank God for that. And especially to my colleagues who are very supportive and very understanding. Heartfelt thank you to my Ass. GM, Sue, who are very supportive for the first half year of 2017. Without her understanding, I wouldn't be able to breath especially during high season!

To cut short this post, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy listing down the word of wisdom for every year. It has been 4 years now since 2014 (Learning), 2015 (Decision), 2016 (Action), 2017 (Bold) and next year (2018) I already get my word of wisdom!! It will be EXCELLENT!

I don't know why I am so excited to keep listing this words but it really helps me to keep me on track. I have this word to keep me going for the rest of the year and looking back, it really is such a journey for me. 

This word came about when I was handling my booking and some of my clients give a very positive feedback. But for those that didn't, I don't really mind because I know that they did stretched me to be better next time. It was also due to the recent training that we had in the office called 'Go Put Your Strength To Work by Marcus Buckingham. And I really enjoyed it. I learned that most of the time, it was easier to talk about our weakness. But not so much on our strength. So, this training really helps me to focus on my strength and really put my strength to work. Special thanks to our HR team, Yuko and Lea.

So next year, I hope that I am able to rise above the challenges and improve on the quality of my work, to deliver excellently in anything I do. :)

Next post to be continued...